Drum roll please.......
1) I curse like a sailor (not in front of the kids) but think the word "ain't" is beneath me, and would only ever use it in jest.
2) I'm poop-a-phobic.
Ironically, I've dealt with more poop than most, given my nursing background, a child who was not fully trained until eight years old, and the litter box of three indoor cats which I change daily. It is the classic case of "what you resist gets bigger," but I've not yet found a way to embrace the poop.
3) If I accidentally hear my husband's poop noises, I cannot have sex with him for at least 48 hours, until the sound is gone from my ears. Forgetting air freshener could result in a longer embargo.
4) I'm also not a fan of gas, and do not think fart jokes or anything about gas is funny. I'm gagging even thinking about it. Let's just change the subject, okay?
5) My first name is not Michelle, it's Ilonka, and every time I look at my licence, I think I should legally change it, but never do.
6) I live to make my husband laugh.
7) I am weird about numbers. I only like even ones, and if you'll notice, I always fudge the time on blog posts to make it an even number. Me and Riley and Seth are all born on the 4th of the month. Todd was born on the 15th. He's odd.
8) I have messy hand writing which is only getting worse now that I'm writing on a keyboard all the time. I'm pretty sure people receiving thank you notes for Riley's dog will think she wrote them herself. I blame it on being a lefty.
9) My mom had twin boys when I was 15. I also have a sister three years older, and a brother two years younger than me.
10). When I was a radio news reporter in Washington DC, I once walked the halls of Congress with my skirt hiked up around my hips. It was an accident. I'll blog about it another time.
11) I recently joined a women's chorus here in Cleveland.
12) I sang with The Sweet Adelines for a season when we lived in Maryland. Those broads kicked my butt. I could barely keep up (Riley was three, and Seth was a newborn, so my butt was already pretty much kicked).
13) I dreamed of each of my children years before they actually arrived.
14) As a teen I had a secret wish to be one of mother Teresa's helpers.
15) I believe the stronger the homophobia, the more of a repressed homosexual you are.
16) I feel if you can't be bothered to read to them, you shouldn't have kids.
17) I'm working on being less judgemental.
18) I meditate almost every day.
19) I believe we all create our own reality with every thought we think, and heaven or hell is our choice in every moment.
20) Even though everyone thinks their own kids are the cutest in the world, mine actually are.
21) I am five foot one and three quarter inches tall, and ten (okay 12), pounds heavier than when we moved to Cleveland.
22) My husband thinks I'm the funniest person you'll ever meet.
23) My favorite color is yellow.
24) I like going to the movies by myself.
25) I've written a memoir and I am hoping one day you will read it and I really hope you love it.